Saturday, October 3, 2009

Diligently Seeking

As I was reading my scriptures this morning, I pondered upon each area of stewardship that I held in my personal life and the journey I was embarking upon. And in doing so, I came across a scripture found in 1 Nephi 10:19:

"For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round."

As I pondered this short and simple message, I realized the importance of "diligently seeking". If we but diligently seek, in any area of stewardship, we will find those things that the Lord has in store for us. They may seem like a mystery now, but He will unfold them to us if we diligently seek Him and those things we desire.

Remember to diligently seek, not just seek.

2 comments:

frenchessential said...

I like your profile picture...it looks like you are a president of something! ;D lOVE YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

Part of seeking diligently may sometimes be only to simply seek. Since persistence is part of the definition of diligence, sometimes simply seeking is diligently seeking.